Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Validating each other...

Saturday night, my Aunt Marilyn volunteered to watch both the boys so that Brett and I could have a night out. We headed out around 5:30pm for dinner at Silverado, to be followed by a movie.

At dinner I decided that I was going to order my first beer since becoming pregnant with Aaron. Toward the end of dinner the following conversation took place:

Brett - So, you planning on finishing that beer?

Me - Yes, I am just taking my time.

Brett - You haven't touched it in 30 minutes!

Me - Sorry, I am just not used to drinking anymore... I am a square now!

Brett - You aren't a square.

Me - Yes I am! When you met me I was hip, and I used to go out and get crazy, and now I am just a house wife who cannot finish a beer!

Brett - Oh stop it! If you are a square, I am a square! No one in their right mind would think that I am cool!

Me - I think you are cool.


But really, just having this conversation goes to show that neither of us are very cool. At least we are happy being square :)

No comments: