Monday, June 9, 2008

When Mommy is away, the baby will play!

A few weeks ago, I left Brett home to watch the baby while I was at the doctor. When I called to check on how things were going Brett seemed a little ticked off and said he was annoyed with Peter and himself for not watching Peter more closely. He then explained that he left Peter on the floor with some toys while he was in the shower and within 5 minutes Peter had managed to empty the cat's food bowl.

When I got off the phone, I couldn't help but think to myself, "Brett really needs to be more careful about stuff. He just doesn't pay attention to what he leaves around."

Two weeks later I got mine, when I did the EXACT same thing! I was putting clothes away in Peter's room when he crawled away to go play in our room (where I totally forgot is where the cat food is). I heard him playing with something and actually thought to myself, "Wow - he found his toys - good boy!"

I walked into the bedroom two minutes later to find a big cat food pile and a cat food soup being made in the water bowl. Maybe I should be a little less harsh on Brett about stuff, you think?

1 comment:

Sarah Merrill said...

Mike and I love these pictures!!! He just looks so happy!