Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Aunt Ruthie comes to visit (like 4 weeks ago)

On Memorial Day (yeah, I know that was back in May - give me a break!), my "sister" (or legally cousin) Ruthie came to visit and see Peter and our new Annandale digs. Up until a couple years ago when Ruthie moved to Denver, CO (which seems like the other end of the world to me) we used to see each other all the time. Back then she lived in Raleigh, NC - just 4 hours away - and we enjoy frequent visits. Now, I am lucky for 2 times a year (especially when having babied inhibits me from travel or affording tickets due to gas prices and living on one salary).

Ruthie arrived on Monday afternoon, and for the next 3 days we pretty much relaxed, cooked and ate great foods (Ruthie is just getting into being a private chef), took walks, and played way too much Mexican Train Dominoes.

Wednesday evening, we said a tearful goodbye, but we hope for another visit soon :)

No comments: