Thursday, June 26, 2008

Things that have become "normal" since being pregnant

1. Baby stole my brain - i.e. I am a complete air head 99% of the time when pregnant (this is common in pregnant women). Example - yesterday I was putting laundry away in our bedroom when I heard my cat crying in the corner of the room. I called to her, tried to tempt her with food, but she would not come out from where ever she was crying. Since the cries seemed to be coming from the chest of drawers we have caddy-corner to one corner of our room, I started searching through the drawers - no cat to be found. Finally in an act of desperation I used all my strength to move to chest (something a pregnant woman shouldn't be doing in the first place), only to once again find no cat. At that moment I noticed the sound indicator on our baby monitor moving with each kitty-cry. The cat was stuck in Peter's room... DUH

2. The heat is on - i.e. I am now a human incubator and even a bath full of ice water couldn't cool me down. Example - last night on one of my many trips to pee I noticed that Brett had the covers pulled up to his eyes and was still practically shivering. I couldn't understand why... I had set the thermostat to 63 degrees, had the fan on full blast, was wearing next to nothing, and was sweating!

3. Is my bladder comfortable Aaron? - i.e. get off my bladder baby, mommy is sick of getting up to pee!!! Example - no exaggeration, I got up to use the bathroom SIX times last night between the hours of 11pm and 7am. The worst part is that I am also always thirsty, so it is a never ending cycle.

No comments: