Tuesday, June 24, 2008

And the award goes to...

BRETT!

For ultimate husband and father of the year (regardless of pajama choices).

It is no secret that this pregnancy has been a killer for me. Between keeping up with chores in a house that is 2 times the size of any place we lived before, chasing after Peter (a.k.a. Sir Crawls All Over/Gets into EVERYTHING), working part time, church obligations, and house projects, I am beat. Honestly I think that without being pregnant I would be beat!

Since I am pregnant though, it seems almost impossible at times. So many days I sit down to rest for a "minute" during Peter's naps and next thing I know 2 hours have passed and he is waking up.

Brett also has a ton on his plate - work, about 2 hours on the road commuting per day, practice for 2 church bands, plus all the husband and father stuff! But somehow he manages it all very well, and has even been stepping up recently - AND WITHOUT ME ASKING - by helping me with chores, taking Peter so I can rest, and even packing his own lunch when he thinks I am too tired to get up in the morning.

So, with that said, he is definately deserving of the best dad/hubby award... and I in turn, win luckiest wife!

No comments: