Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Update on Baby Aaron!

This morning I had an unscheduled doctors appointment because my heart has been racing recently for no reason and Brett insisted that I make sure nothing was wrong. Turns out, a racing heart is pretty normal during pregnancy once the baby is big enough to push on your rib cage, but since I didn't have that symptom with Peter I didn't know.

During the visit, the doctor also checked up on Aaron who is doing amazing! He has grown to 3 pounds, 2 ounces and his heart rate is 151! The doctor says it is great that he is so active (regardless of how painful it is on me) and so far it looks like we will go full term and have a very healthy baby in August!

I also learned that I wasn't getting enough calcium in my diet, which is shocking since I eat dairy with everything and consume at least a half gallon of milk a day. And I got some fun poked at me for complaining how hard second pregnancies are compared to the first. My doctor's response...

"They aren't as hard when you give you body more than 3 months to recover in between!"

He got me there ;) I am pretty sure we will be waiting at least 3 YEARS before working on number three!

No comments: