Monday, June 23, 2008

Best mail day ever!

When you are living on one salary and the mail usually has nothing but bills and the occasional good catalog (which you cannot buy anything from), going to get the mail isn't always too much fun.

Today was a totally different story, and I am excited about it - despite how many of you think it is a little sad that this was the highlight of my day.

In my mail today:

1. 12 oz sample can of Enfamil Next Step Formula - retail price $14.39! Also included were $4 and $5 coupons for my next formula purchase. Apparently I applied to receive coupons from them and they send samples too (note to parents and penny pincher's - register for any and all coupon offers, it saves me hundreds!)

2. $32.88 check from the County of Arlington (apparently we over paid something at the DMV when we moved).

3. $2 coupon from Pea Pod (just in time because I was about to order).

4. Home Depot credit card bill with a $0 balance.

5. Delivery menu for a new restaurant.

6. Value Pak coupon mailer (including, Free cheese steak coupon from Jerry's, $15 off maid service - which we plan to have done before the baby gets here, $175 air duct cleaning coupon - something else we need before the baby comes, 20% off Buy Buy Baby coupon - which will be used for the $300 breast pump I have my eye on).

7. Home Depot coupon(for pending basement renovations next month).

8. $200 gift card for Best Buy (reward for getting Verizon Fios bundle at our house).

9. Sweet thank you card from Mike and Sarah Merrill.

10. New Home Depot credit card with the correct names (Brett's used to say Nett Gardner).

11. Walking wings we bought for Peter.

12. Swim shirt for Peter, and new bathing suit for me that we ordered from Target.

Sadly, I don't think we will ever have a better mail day than that - but here's hoping!

No comments: