Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Former Fairfax gymnasts headed to the Olympics!

Just heard from my mother that two guys I knew growing up are headed to the Olympics this summer!

The first is Justin Spring, who competed on the men's team at the same gym that I did gymnastics at as a kid. From what I remember Justin was pretty much a little punk, and he called me "Kimmy Gibler" because I was so tall and skinny. However, it is pretty exciting to see a familiar face representing the USA for men's gymnastics.

The second is an alternate gymnast on the men's team. His name is Alexander Artemev, and his parents Vladimir and Svetlana Artemev (also former Olympic gymnasts) coached me when I attended Capitol Gymnastics.

Usually I am not the biggest fan of watching the Olympics (or men's gymnastics for that matter), but I am looking forward to seeing them compete!

No comments: