Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Children's Clothes and Shoe Drive - Please help!

A while back I received an email from my cousin Graham who is serving in Iraq as a Major in the US army. In his email he informed us that the need for children's clothes and toys is great in the villages that they visit almost daily, and he asked for our help.

Since the email, I have been working with my church to get donations for clothes, shoes, toys, and other items for the children in these villages. We have gathered several boxes and will be sending stuff over to Iraq all month.

If you would like to help with this cause please contact me with a comment to this blog or email JillianBGardner@gmail.com.

Restrictions:
• No toys depicting a woman’s figure (i.e. Barbie)
• No violent or weapon like toys
• Nothing with religious images
• Dresses for girls must be below knee length and may not be tank top

Thank you in advance for any help that you can offer.

1 comment:

Blythe Poo said...

How about stuffed animals? I have 2 bags full and S.A.F.E. doesn't have room to take them. I hate to throw them out. Lemme know!

-Molly