Sunday, May 18, 2008

Lunch with Daddy!


When Brett and I first found our house Brett wouldn't let us put a contract in until he had driven the commute (to Potomac, MD) to make sure it was "drivable" on a daily basis. After the test run he said, "it is long, but doable." and that night we put in a contract. Two weeks after we moved Brett heard news at work that they were moving his office further away to Rockville, MD; adding 8 miles and at least half an hour to the commute (in the evenings - mornings are still OK). So everyday, Brett grins and bears it making the his way to the new office.

When Brett had worked in Potomac and I was working at Re/Max my dad's girlfriend, Alda would watch Peter at her house (which was down the road from Brett's former office) on Wednesday mornings while I was in my weekly team meetings. After my meeting I would pick up Peter and we would go have lunch with Brett at his office. The move however happened right around the time that I quit my job at Re/Max so Peter and I had not been up to see Buildtopia's new digs.

So last week, we decided to go see what all the hype (Brett is always bragging about what a nice office they have) was about. The new office is in Rockville Town Center and really is beautiful. His building is right by a new library, tons of restaurants and shops, art galleries, and more. Not to mention he actually has windows (you should have seen the cave there old office was located in - very depressing).

Peter and I had lunch with Brett, then ice cream (for Aaron of course) before heading back home. Since it was a late lunch I got stuck in rush hour traffic and sat for over an hour on my way back to Annandale. I sort of wanted to call and complain to Brett about it, but figuring he does it everyday I thought it wouldn't be a good idea.

No comments: