Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Earthquake in Annandale!

Yesterday afternoon around 1:30pm I had just finished feeding Peter and set him up to play on our bedroom floor while I took a shower. About 2 minutes into the shower, I felt something that I can best describe as the slight shake that you would feel if something heavy fell in the house or someone fell down.

Even though I didn't hear crying I rushed out of the shower (shampoo still in my hair, shower running and completely disregarding a towel) to check on Peter. Whom was happily planning on the floor with nothing looking out of place.

With my heart still racing with panic I returned to the shower to finish up. All the while thinking that I must have day dreamed it, or that it was something on one of the lower levels of the house that maybe the cat knocked over. After searching everywhere, I found nothing so I pretty much forgot about the whole thing (figuring I was probably going crazy).

That is until Brett got home and asked if I had felt the earthquake that hit Annandale at 1:30pm! This morning I read some news stories that said the quake had a magnitude of about 1.8, and that there were some reports of people feeling tremors.
It was good to know I am not completely losing it... yet!

No comments: