Wednesday, May 28, 2008

April Trip to PA

Alright, I am almost caught up, but here goes another late one!

In April, Peter and I made our way to PA for a couple family visits. One to visit my Aunt and cousins, and the other to visit my sister at Penn State.

The trip started out on Friday, with Peter's longest car trip to date (five hours) to the Kelly house. After arriving in Tunkhannock, we spent the day relaxing, playing games and eating a delicious meal prepared by my cousin Debbie who was visiting from Arizona. The evening ended with a bath in the Kelly's kitchen sink!

Saturday morning, we were up early to go to the Spring Fling, being held at Erin Kelly's school. The Fling included games for the kids, tons of food, a bake sale, a book sale, a petting zoo, a dunk tank, and a silent auction.

Peter and I ended up winning 3 baskets at the silent auction - a "rainy day basket" filled with toys, crafts and activities to do on a rainy day, a "potty training basket", and a "organization basket" (for me)!

On Sunday, we said good bye to Tunkhannock, PA and made the trip to State Collage to see Katelyn play her last match as a Penn State tennis player. She ended up losing, but Peter cheered her on the entire time. After the match we had dinner back at Aunt Katelyn's house, before heading home.

No comments: