Friday, May 30, 2008

Bonding with Aunt Katelyn

This past weekend (Memorial Day), my sister and her boyfriend, Rich came to visit to attend Alex and Troy's wedding and to help me out with Peter while Brett and I were taking part in our duties as part of the wedding party. It was perfect timing because I am always having withdrawal from seeing my sister (it is a fact that I have cried every time she leaves to go back to State College, PA), and it had been a long time since she got to spend any long period of time with Peter.

Friday morning Katelyn went to my doctor's appointment with me (too see a sonogram of baby Aaron - more on that later!), and then Brett and I handed Peter over to her very capable arms. In the afternoon she brought him by the hotel to swim, but had to turn around when we realized that the hotel pool was closed. The rest of the evening Katelyn and Peter spent time together (I hear there was some snuggling involved), taking walks and visiting the park to go on the swings.

Saturday, Katelyn (who was staying at our house with Peter) played "mommy" feeding and playing with Peter all morning. That afternoon she brought him to the hotel for photos before the wedding, and with my mom's help took care of him the rest of the afternoon and into the evening (until all our friends started fighting over who got to hold him).

By the time the weekend was over, Katelyn and Peter had a huge bond and a few times he even reached out for her when I was holding him! I am guessing it has to do with her allowing things that mommy doesn't (like playing with cell phones), but she is also a pretty cool aunt.

No comments: