Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Alex's Bachelorette Party!


Three weeks ago I hosted the final party for my best friend Alex, before her big wedding day next month - The Bachelorette Party!!! Honestly, leading up to this event I was a little nervous. Hitting the bar scene when I am 5 months pregnant (and sans Brett) just isn't really my style; however we had an awesome time!

The night started out at a hotel suite at the Georgetown Suites Hotel; where we enjoyed a dinner catered by my new boss Chef Maura, gifts, and games. During this time we dressed Alex up with a list of things she had to do throughout the night (I crossed off the kissing and flirting with men ones because I am a prude), a pink boa, tiara, and a bachelorette sash! Next, we were off in our limo to the first bar - Eighteenth and Red in Adams Morgan.

At Eighteenth and Red we shared the dance floor with a group of girls celebrating a brithday with an "ugly 80s dress" theme. The girls were very fun, and one of them even bought me shots when I found her lost purse. When I told her I was pregnant, she said, "OK, 2 shots - one for you and one for the baby!" Needless to say, Alex got the benefit of both of those drinks!

The next stop on the bar crawl was Third Edition, where we had one drink and promptly left because it was way too crowded and hot! So we headed to our last bar, McFaddens , where Alex got to cross off the most ambious of her tasks - getting a guy to take off his underwear for her (he even did it Zoolander style, pulling them out of his pant without removing the pants!).


Then, as quickly as the evening had begun we seemed to be heading back to the hotel in the limo, feet hurting from dancing the night away! Alex was such a trooper, and hardly got sick (considering the insain amount of alcohol she consumed) and the next day spent time resting at my house and playing with Peter.

Now the real count down to the wedding has begun! Alex and I have been getting together to make programs, favors, and more every week and Peter just got his little tux! More to come!

No comments: