Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Peter's labor and delivery

With 7 weeks to go before I deliver Aaron, I got to thinking about the time leading up to Peter's birth. One major reason is that the sense of fear is finally starting to hit me. Another little person is coming into this world that Brett and I are going to be responsible for - pretty scary!

The good news is that this time it is all planned out (unlike the shock of getting sent up to labor and delivery after a "check up" like what happened with Peter). That means no labor pain, no waiting around, and most importantly none of Brett shoving a video camera in my face for 18 hours.

The following are a series of videos that Brett shot on August 13 and 14th last year of the labor, delivery and first day that we had Peter.

A couple hours into being induced. Meghan and I wait, while Brett entertains himself with the video camera:


A few hours later, Katelyn has showed up and Brett insists on more video taping:


Finally my water has broken and labor is getting bad. Brett pulls the camera out again minutes after I get my epidural:


Almost midnight (looks like Peter isn't coming on the 13th). Troy and I discuss foreign health care, while my mom works on Peter's blanket:


He is here! Peter's first breaths and cries, plus a little bit of getting cleaned up and weighed:


Our son, the ONLY baby not crying in the nursery:


I FINALLY get to hold him!


Brett's first time changing a diaper:


Aaron's videos will be much different. The schedule is that Brett and I go into the hospital at 6:00am, we get checked into our room, I get my epidural and they should have him out and ready for visitors by 8:00am.

Brett has a nicer video camera now, so I am sure we will still have lots of footage.

1 comment:

Sarah Merrill said...

I love these videos....it makes me regret not being there....the beach has nothing on Peter's birth! Mike and I were watching them and I started tearing up...he made fun of me....not very nice!!! Love you guys and your blog!