Saturday, July 5, 2008

Celebrating our Independence from DIRT!

Yesterday morning, in "celebration" of Independence Day Brett and I had a MAJOR cleaning spree! Most people probably think that we already have a clean house, because if you ever come over it is very tidy, organized and picked up. Look a little closer, however, and you will learn my dirty (literally) little secret - I am a horrible house keeper.

When it comes to making sure everything is in its place, I am probably one of the most OCD people you will ever meet; but vacuuming, dusting, etc. is not my strong suit. Very organized - just not clean.

Since the layers of dust had gotten pretty bad (and Peter's shirts were all turning black from crawling on the floor), we decided to tag team the dirt once and for all. As soon as Peter was down for his first nap we set to work.

We scrubbed bathrooms and dusted all surfaces. I vacuumed while Brett picked up and moved furniture so we could get everywhere. Mopped floors and even weeded our back yard.

Though it was back breaking, it was so worth it! The big goal now is to keep up with it so next time it isn't such a huge project.

No comments: