Friday, July 18, 2008

How is it that I am in trouble for this one...

I have a sort of rude neighbor living next door to me. Well, scratch that, he is really nice when you first meet him, but a little bit clueless when it comes to treating women respectfully. Anyway, we are currently both having work done to our homes, so of course that topic of conversation comes up all the time.

Yesterday I had picked up some stuff from Home Depot, including a ClosetMaid set for a closet that is being renovated in our basement. The box was pretty tall and very heavy, but Brett wasn't home so I decided to move it myself. Right then the neighbor came outside and says, "we finished up with our renovation today, come see when you are finished bringing that box in!"

I smiled, but kept thinking - Do you see that I am 8 months pregnant and struggling with this box, COME HELP!" Please also keep in mind this man has 2 children and a pregnant wife so it isn't like he doesn't know a pregnant woman shouldn't be moving heavy things.

Later last night I told Brett the story, waiting for him to agree with me that our neighbor was being a jerk. Instead I got a big lecture about not moving heavy stuff anymore and taking it easy when I am pregnant.

No comments: