Saturday, October 11, 2008

Breast Cancer Awareness Month!

October is breast cancer awareness month, so you will probably notice a lot of extra PINK in stores, super markets, and TV commercials that are supporting the cause by donating proceeds from their products.

Additionally, there are a lot of organizations doing pushes for awareness and fund raisers for research.

As most of you know I walked on a team in the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer last May and feel close to the cause because both Brett and I lost Grandmothers to the disease. My team, lead by Leigh Robinson, raised $17,164.50, with my personal earnings exceeding $3,000 (thanks to my amazing friends and family)!

This year I will not be participating in the Avon walk, due to a busy schedule with the kids and wanting to use my volunteer time for our church, however I did recently learn about a new way to participate in the cause that wouldn't take any time or money!

Researchers are searching for women of all shapes, sizes, race, sexuality, and health to sign up on their website - Army of Women - to help figure out the cause and hopefully the cure for this disease.

I signed up and challenge all my female readers to do the same!

Learn more, sign up, and be a part of the cure at http://www.armyofwomen.org/

No comments: