Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Help from Aunt K

The past 2 weeks my sister, Katelyn, offered up 8 days to stay home with me and help with my boys. Every morning Katelyn and her pug, Ralph, would show up ready for a day full of playing with Peter, picking up millions of toys, the "joys" of feeding a toddler (Ralph loved it because Peter would throw food on the floor for him), and taking many walks around the neighborhood.

Although I can technically take care of both boys by myself now (I couldn't post-surgery because I was not allowed to pick up Peter), it was so nice to have help for a few hours during the day so I could catch up on chores, and rest up after sleepless nights with Aaron.

My favorite memories of the past two weeks have to be times when Peter had Katelyn literally sweating as she chased after toys he was throwing or after him trying to get into stuff he is not supposed to touch. I cannot wait for it to be her turn with kids of her own... however, after reading her blog about the babysitting experience I don't think that will be anytime soon!

The best part about having Katelyn help though is that the boys and I got a huge dose of one of our favorite people, and just in the nick of time! She is leaving soon for her Outward Bound Training and we won't see her again until November 3 (voting day). We are going to miss her so much!!!

No comments: