Monday, April 18, 2011

What Do You Think is in my Belly, Aaron???

So, let me start off by saying that when Brett and I were choosing a name for our daughter, we decided to allow the kids to be involved. We came up with three names that we liked (Campbell, Celia and Charlie) and then put the kids in separate rooms and asked them what name they liked best. We lucked out because both boys said Campbell right away.

Or at least that is what we THOUGHT they both said.

This morning I was outside pumping gas at the gas station with the boys in the car, when Aaron pointed out his window and yelled, "Look, Mommy, that store has a camel inside it just like you have in your belly!"

I turned to see this sign on the gas station window:


Needless to say, Peter and I spent the next 30 minutes explaining to Aaron that mommy had a baby girl (person) NAMED Campbell in her belly.

Aaron still seems pretty excited to meet his sister, but I think he was really looking forward to a baby camel.

2 comments:

Christy Fase said...

Ahhhhhh, best post ever. Thank you Aaron.

Dawn said...

Hilarious! So funny how kids put things in terms they understand. Camel is much more relatable than Campbell.