Friday, October 23, 2009

Jazzercise

Back in September I got a text one morning from my friend Georgia informing me that she saw an ad in the paper for a job at Jazzercise.

The position was working child care Tuesday, Thursday, Friday from 9-10am; and I could BRING MY KIDS!

I applied and interviewed and started working the first week in October. The boys and I go in 3 days a week to a big room full of toys and some big exercise balls (that the kids love playing with). If there are no kids, we are allowed to leave at 9:30am and I still get paid for the whole time.

When there are kids the parents are required to pay me $3/child in addition to the pay I get from Jazzercise. Plus I get a free membership to Jazzercise!

So, pretty much I am getting paid to run a play group for my kids 3 times a week, and have another free gym membership (in addition to my free membership at Curves).

It is awesome!

Especially now that it is getting colder and they are cooped up in the house all the time. Even when other kids don't show up sometimes I let my boys play past 9:30am before bringing them home.

If you are a stay at home mom and are looking for a way to workout with day care in the DC area, let me know!

No comments: