Friday, August 21, 2009

Uncle Donald

Both Brett's brother and my sister life far away from us. Because of this we try to show the kids lots of pictures, have video skype phone calls, and talk about Uncle Don, Aunt Jenny and Aunt K all the time.

However, whenever there is a visit we still have a little bit of re-introductions that we need to make to remind the kids who their Aunts and Uncle are.

This past weekend, Brett's brother and our sister-in-law were visiting, and the for the first time Peter actually said their names and really warmed up to Don especially (this might have had to do with a bond over shared boo boos on their knees).

Don and Jen left on Sunday and Peter told me they were at work the following 2 mornings (he thinks anyone that isn't at our house MUST be at work). But by Wednesday they were out of sight, out of mind... or so I thought.

During our music and story time this morning I was asking him what songs he wanted to sing. After we went through "the bus" and "the choo choo song" he asked if we could sing "Uncle Donald"

I had no idea what he meant, until he started singing...

"Uncle Donald had a farm. E-I-E-I-OOOOO!!!"

No comments: