Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Life is So Good

Our "normal" routine for wake up time (in the morning and after naps) is that I get Peter first, then Aaron. While I am getting Aaron ready Peter is free to play in his room or downstairs.

This afternoon after I got Peter up I saw him go into his closet and get the noise-canceling headphones that we had gotten for the boys when we took them to the Monster Truck show. I didn't think anything of it and went about my business changing Aaron's diaper.

Five minutes later Aaron and I came downstairs to find Peter and Rusty (our dog), sitting in the middle of the living room floor, each wearing a pair of headphones.

Peter looked up at me and said, "Mommy, life is so good when Rusty and I can't listen to you."

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Just be thankful that Brett wasn't sitting there with them.

janet said...

We all need to just "get away" in our own little world occasionally.