Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Mother's Day!

Since Father's Day just passed, I figure it is about time that I post about Mother's Day!

For mother's day I asked for two things -

1. I didn't want to cook.

2. I wanted Brett to take our bikes in to be tuned and have kid seats put on.

I got both of my wishes and MUCH more!

For lunch we decided to hit up a fancy little establishment called McDonalds! May not seem like the most "I love you, Mom" type restaurant, however there wasn't a crowd AND there is a play area, so I can eat in piece when Peter decides he is "all done" and wants to run around.


After lunch my mom and sister followed us back to our house so that they could babysit while Brett took me for an afternoon of shopping! Since I have been pregnant for 2 summers in a row, and was previously a size 2 (never happening again) I was going into the summer with hardly any clothes that fit and he wanted to remedy the situation.

We ended up finding some great deals, and enjoying an afternoon together (kid - free!) before heading to Handi (one of my favorite Indian Restaurants) to pick up take out for dinner.

Back at our house, my mom's friend Nora, had joined the party and we spend the evening eating good food and sharing gifts to celebrate motherhood!

It was a very fun and relaxing day and I felt so spoiled!

No comments: