Saturday, February 16, 2008

The Ghost of Brett


Last night, after packing, putting the baby to bed, and getting all ready for our vacation; Brett and I went down to the den to catch up on a few episodes of Dexter while I finished up some laundry. By 1:00am, we were exhausted and called it a night, but before I went upstairs I needed to switch the laundry from the washer to the drier. Thinking that Brett had already headed upstairs, I was working as quickly as possible because it is a little creepy down there, plus we had been watching a show about a murderer so I was a little on edge.

To explain our utility/laundry room, it is a hall of shelves and then a small nook where the washer and drier are. While you are doing laundry you are facing away from the hall/door.

So, there I am already a little scared and I turn around and all I see (I wasn't wearing my glasses) is a luminescent image of a man who seemed to be hovering over the laundry basket. My initial reaction was a small startled yelp, but when I really looked and saw a GHOST I let out a huge scream.

That is until the "ghost" started laughing, and my eyes focused on my husband lurking in the shadows right at the under an over head light that was making his face look whiter than usual.

I managed to laugh it off after a while, but I have to admit my heart was pounding for a good half hour. Brett on the other hand thought it was the funniest thing he had ever seen.

No comments: