Friday, February 15, 2008

The best time(s) of the day


When Peter was first born he ate about 7-9 times a day, and since I was breast feeding it was not so much fun. These days, however, I cannot wait for feeding time!

Now that he is eating "solid" baby foods he only gets three bottles a day, and I love giving him every single one of them. He gets them when he wakes up in the morning and after his two naps and it is the best time. I don't pay attention to the phone, work, ANYTHING, except him.

We get all snuggled up on the couch and just look at each other for the 10-15 minutes it takes him to eat 8 oz.; then afterward sometimes we keep snuggling for a little while after Peter burps. Those moments are my absolute favorite during the day and I really do get almost excited when I hear him waking up from his naps to eat.

Sometimes Brett gets home from work before Peter wakes up from his second nap and he gets to give him the bottle, but it is hard for me to give up that time with Peter! I really think it is the little things about being a parent that make it all worth while.

No comments: