And by "it" of course I mean... I am pregnant... AGAIN!
We always knew we wanted 4 children (a compromise between Brett's desire for 2, and mine for 6); but after having trouble in the fertility department after Aaron was born and having thyroid surgery we never thought it would be so easy.
As a matter of fact I was SURE that my bizarre symptoms MUST be kidney stones because there was NO WAY I would be pregnant again. Apparently, there was a way. It took me almost 3 weeks to recover from the shock.
But really, we should have known this was coming, and here are some reasons why:
1. I lent out all my maternity clothes
2. I am in two weddings this year (I have been pregnant at every wedding that I have been in)
3. We took down our second crib and put it in storage
4. We committed to home schooling Peter next year
5. We bought a case of wine
6. We weren't planning on getting pregnant
7. I had sort of decided that I wanted Campbell and her younger sibling to be 2 years apart
8. I was nursing (this is apparently like fertility drugs in my system - I have gotten pregnant twice now while nursing)
9. We moved all the baby clothes into storage
10. Money is tight and we are trying to figure out ways to cut back on our expenses
We are both extremely excited and oh-my-gosh-what-are-we-thinking-we-don't-have-the-time-or-money-or-energy-to-do-this-again terrified; but somewhere along the way over the past five years we have learned to roll with the punches. I mean really, how much worse could it get?
The good news is, we think we figured out where these babies keep coming from, and plan to put an end to it after this birth. So this is likely the last time I will be posting this type of exciting news.
Baby S (as it will be called to until we know the sex) is due November 4, 2012.